HomeAbout UsServicesDownloadFAQsContact UsBBS

    Quick Acess

US Business
Current position : Home >> US Business
How to Notify U.S. IRS of Your Address Change

How to Notify IRS of Your Address Change

If your address has changed (e.g. moving), you need to notify the IRS to ensure you receive any tax refunds or IRS correspondence. There are several ways to notify the IRS of an address change:

  1. Tax Return

    If you change your address before filing your return, enter your new address on your return when you file. When your return is processed, IRS will update our records. Be sure to also notify your return preparer.

  2. Oral Notification

    The IRS can be notified by phone or in person. They will need to verify your identity and address. Please have information IRS on file, for example: your full name; your address; your date of birth; your social security number (or individual taxpayer identification number).

  3. By Form

    To change your address with the IRS, you may complete a Form 8822, Change of Address, and/or a Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party ?Business and send them to the address shown on the forms.

  4. In Writing

    You may also write to inform IRS that your address is changing. Mail your signed statement to the address where you filed your last federal tax return and make sure include the following information: your full name; old and new addresses; your date of birth; your social security number (or individual taxpayer identification number) and signature.

    (1) Joint Filers: If you filed a joint return, you should provide the information and signatures for both spouses. Send your written address change information to the IRS addresses listed in the instructions to the tax forms you filed.
    (2) Separated: If you filed a joint return and you now have separate residences, each joint taxpayer should notify us of your new, separate addresses.

The whole process can take four to six weeks for the change of address request to be fully processed.


Previous two similar articles:

 Offshore Company